- Schubert’s Ave Maria (still the most popular request by far)
- Pie Jesu (the Lloyd Webber version)
- Over the Rainbow
- Danny Boy
We have also learnt several special requests for families, which we always enjoy doing. Some are new new favourites, including:
- In the arms of the Angel - Sarah McLaughlin
- Bring him home - from the musical Les Miserables
- Evergreen - Barbra Streisand
- The fields of Athenry - Pete St John
- Suo Gan - Welsh lullaby
Some required a fair amount of work beforehand including:
• Dulce domum - The Winchester school song.
We were sent the link to the new version, but the deceased would have sung the original version. In the end, we learnt this from an old recording on YouTube before finally tracking down the music two days before the service!
• How beautiful upon the mountains - Stainer
With just a few days’ notice, we had to to not only learn this but make a solo arrangement as this was originally written for 4 singers
• The Hymn of the Hampshire countryside
Yes,there is one!
So, if a family is looking for something special and unusual, we can probably help!